Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pause

It has been year since I last wrote,
a long time indeed
Before there comes even one new word,
there is a lot that I must read.
Have I changed since last I penned a word?
thus the question stands
This fluid mind can't help be recast,
carved by the passing sands
of Time, for that never stopped
even if I did halt.
So much happens in a day, a month...
a year is a seething vault
of dissent, revolt, agonized introspection
and every dark design.
Of endearment, agreement, zest and smiles
and concerns more benign.
Changes big and changes small in
every little thing
And still to come, sooner than I'd like,
transition is yet lurking
What shadow, menacing silhouette
lies out there in wait?
What misty future striding up
did this past year create?
Deer in the headlights, tumbling thoughts
and raging heart am I
I need a pause, a while to think!
But time is racing by


2 comments:

  1. On opening the window on the highway side, time was flying in all directions;
    Feeling giddy, I went and opened the window by the neem tree behind to find the birds chatting unmindful.

    Something tells me:'You need to have many windows for your house,
    May be time will tarry by the side of one!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good wishes and blessings for only the very best to come - may you have no shadows, no menacing silhouettes - only clarity, great success and lots and lots of happiness always.
    Love KKS's comment too :-)

    ReplyDelete