Sunday, June 3, 2007

Shutdown

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
Not so for me, 'cause my mind starts slowing.
When the way becomes hard, and I don't know what to do,
the thinker that is in me, gets thrown all askew.
The ideas stop coming, as panic sets in,
eyes become unseeing, as the world begins to spin.
Then, everything blackens, everyone fades away
The walls shoot up, and reality goes astray.
Completely unaware, and utterly alone.
The shutdown is complete, till the crisis is gone.
I am but a weakling.......not an oak, just a reed.
If ever you're in trouble, I'm the last person you need.

3 comments:

  1. May the reed bend and dance, touching the torrents now and then below, for the ants and other earthlings to reach safe ashore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you are the reed? Hmm... ready to come back to life starting afresh after the crisis has passed? Maybe you give the others the help they need after the crisis has passed... to come back to normal?? Hmm... A possibility surely! ;)

    ReplyDelete