Thursday, April 10, 2008

Rainbows and Reason

There is a world seldom seen,
veiled by the everyday.
A sudden glimpse of iridescence
in the humdrum shades of grey.

It is a world of airy castles,
of shimmer, and of light.
The Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows,
ever elusive to sight.

I can't see, nor touch it,
and yet it's always there,
on the fringes of reality,
blending in somewhere...

Shadows, and yet a hundredfold
the strength of reason stern.
When the real crumbles underfoot,
where else do I turn?

It is my world of comfort.
A truth, when all else fails.
And yet, it only finds place
when harsh veracity pales.

So I ask myself now,
as the pursuit of reality is run,
need my rainbows so often be
shadowed by my reason?

2 comments:

  1. y hope your rainbows are never shadoed. yet its the shadows that make the rainbows brighter dont you think?

    Lovely poem
    -Angeli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, as often as you can sustain, relentlessly.
    So that you may steal a glimpse
    of its charm,
    when reason is asleep tired of running.


    all the best,

    __Accha

    ReplyDelete