Monday, June 2, 2008

Roots

I have been gone a long long time
from this land, this air, this life.
Gone from these meadows,
forgotten by the shadows,
hollow heart resounding with strife.

I had all but forgotten this,
this which once I called my own.
Since I did depart
misled by my heart
to wander in yon world alone.

Memories did haunt me yet,
never quite letting me free.
The music of boughs,
a hint would arouse
a strange longing in me.

A whiff of wooded, earthy scent
carried on the mocking breeze,
my blood it burned
my whole being yearned
to return to the comfort of the trees.

So here I am now, returned
from the aimless paths i did roam.
Returned to the meadows
to lurking forest shadows,
where each leaf whispers "home."

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Home.
    If you are tired,
    The bed is made!
    No questions asked,
    As it is Our Home..

    ReplyDelete