Friday, December 22, 2006

Fear of

Shallow breaths, laboured breaths,
Sanity falls apart.
Paleness and palpitation,
Fear grips my heart.

Fear of the lonely darkness,
unknown to the core
Wailing winds whooshing,
scaring me some more.

Fear of the ghostly figures,
hovering around.
White robes, cold fingers,
and tragic weeping sounds.

Fear of the red-eyed monster
there below my bed
Fetid breath, cruel teeth
to bite off my head!

Fear of the imps stealing out,
creeping up close
Making mischief in my dreams,
tweaking my nose!

Fear clouding my senses
I dare not step out of bed
the THINGS are everywhere!
OH! I wish I were dead!

4 comments:

  1. This one sure makes it seem like you really are scared! :) Why the fear of all these things!! Though the poem has a nice jolly kind of rhythm to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never let fear get to you. Try to overcome your fear by doing exactly what you fear the most. Like studying for your 12th std exams. (just kidding)
    - Kedar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice poems. You write well - Kedar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well written but a bit dark and spooky. As a poem its good but I cant help worrying: - why are so many things creating so much fear?
    Sorry, I dont mean to be a bore but cant help it.

    ReplyDelete