Friday, December 22, 2006

My purple pebble

A poking, a pricking
an aching in my feet
somehow it got into my shoe
a pebble from the street
Small, round, purple,
a pebble it seemed to be
except for one little thing:
It sort of spoke to me.
'Dont stop coz i'm here
Just keep walking on
If a tiny pebble stops u
what happens in the storm?'
I dont remember the rest
But the pebble was pretty wise
Futher proof that great things
can often be small in size
So now, in the eye of the storm
I smile and march ahead
If anyone asks, i just reply:
So the purple pebble said.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic... I loved this one. Keep your head high and march! :) But why is the pebble purple?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem...
    keep walking ahead, but be fearless..
    ..this time do it coz, nikhil also said... :)

    keep writing these..

    god bless you..

    nikhil

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very very nice ....sweet and inspiring. It sort of reminded me of the S&G song (Simon and Garfunkel) which goes: 'Slow down, you move too fast.
    You got to make the moment last.
    Just kicking down the cobble stones.
    Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.'

    I know its not really the same, but the mood is a more subdued version of this, I thought! Nice work - keep writing and keep walking!!

    ReplyDelete